Colegio Nuestra Señora del Carmen

Colegio Nuestra Señora del Carmen

sábado, 8 de marzo de 2014

TRUE BRIT

Empecemos a conocer un poco más a nuestros futuros anfitriones.


TRUE BRIT
How do you do? Pleased to meet you. If you are avisitor to our country, I expect by now you have realized why we call it Great Britain: our long and glorious hsitory; the unspoilt beauty of our landscape; the rich variety of our weather, not to mention our unrivalled achievemnets in cricket and football. Then there are our cherished traditions: afternoon tea at four, roast beef on Sunday, and warm beer until 11 pm. And there's us, with our old-world courtesy and tolerance. Oh, and our sense of humour. I mustn't forget that. We do like a good laugh! 

As for me, well. I'm so many feet and inches tall, and I weigh so many stones, pounds and ounces. My petrol comes in gallons and my milk in pints - from a milkman. I pay for them, of course, in pounds sterling. My home is my castle and I "Do-it-myself". I only hope I live to payoff the mortgage on it. My garden is my recreation and a sanctuary to many endangered species, not least of all myself!

Expressions to learn
Well done! You deserved to win.

Avoid saying
What is that in metres/kilos/litres?

From "The How To Be British Collection" by Martyn Ford & Peter Legon


Picture from "The HOW TO BE BRITISH Collection"

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario